Saturday, July 31, 2010

15.



OK – so this is my Jack Handy moment. If you don’t know ‘who’ or what Jack Handy is – then you should stop by this site:

http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/ before you continue.






DeepThoughtsByJackHandey.com




15.

I woke up thinking about the number 15 – and specifically about the next 15 years.


The next 15 years of my life are going to be perhaps the most important years of my life, important because it will be a period of the greatest transitions in my life.


If my life continues from today just as it is for the next 15 years:

  • I will be celebrating 30 years with my spouse.
  • I will have been at my current job for 20 years.
  • Maya will be 18 years old.
  • We will have paid off our new house.
  • My mother will be 95.
  • My sister will be 75.
  • I will be 61.
  • My oldest nephew will be my age now – 46. (Now THAT is a sobering moment LOL)
  • My youngest niece will be 25.

The number 15 has come up a lot lately, oddly and coincidentally enough.

My 250 mile ride is made up of 15 mile sections.

When I look back on my life lived up until now, it has been three pretty distinct 15 year periods full of change and growth and living.

What will I look back on 15 years from now?

 Who in my life today, will be in my life 15 years from now?

Who will be in my life 15 years from now that isn't in my life today and who will I have met along the way?

I always say, and truly believe, that you only get THIS one life; so you just have to LIVE it.


Up until now, I have very few to zero regrets.

If I were to die tomorrow, I will have lived a full life.

I have lived my life the way I want, doing pretty much what I have wanted to do; and I know that I am very lucky to have done so.

Will I look back on the next 15 years of life lived in the same way?

I think so.

I hope so.

It is 4:15 AM - so I am back off to bed.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! (^_^)