Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shanklish - the book!!

Hello,

So it has been a bit since I have posted - between work, school and getting our house ready to sell - it has been busy!!

However, I did manage to get out a small 'how-to' book on making shanklish, a Lebanese cheese that can be made at home using a few ingredients that you can get from any market.  Here is a peek:


Shanklish by Patrick Owen Chadd | Make Your Own Book

The book was a lot of fun to put together.  (^_^)

 I have the book available via Blurb Bookstore and Amazon.com - if you have any questions, feel free to send me a note!!

Have a great day!!

P

2 comments:

  1. hi there patrick, is there a way of you selling it to me on digital format (*PDF) ??? my e-mail is dedalo9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started my first batch of Shanklish since my source has dried up and I'm having withdrawals. Love the book but a couple of questions so far.

    You mention that it should be 12 pounds of Ricatta dried but I don't know what that translates into as purchased. So I'm starting with 24 lbs assuming 50% water weight. Do you have any guidance on this?

    You didn't mention whether the draining process should be done in the refrigerator or at room temperature. I've started it in the refrigerator to be on the safe side but again any guidance would be appreciated

    thanks

    dave joseph

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! (^_^)